USB PC speakers convert to RCA?

I have a set of Harmon Kardon soundsticks which sound great. However, I have no use for them as a PC speaker so was wondering if I could use them on my TV? They connect via USB-A.
I've tried them on my Sony TV through the USB port and nothing!
Is there a way to convert the male USB plug to male RCA plugs so I can use them as TV speakers? If so, any links to a suitable convertion cable?
Thanks

I have a set of Harmon Kardon soundsticks which sound great. However, I have no use for them as a PC speaker so was wondering if I could use them on my TV? They connect via USB-A.
I've tried them on my Sony TV through the USB port and nothing!
Is there a way to convert the male USB plug to male RCA plugs so I can use them as TV speakers? If so, any links to a suitable convertion cable?
Thanks
a simple USB to RCA adapter won't work for your speakers. USB carries digital signal, while RCA is for analog audio. While there are converter boxes that can change between the two, they're not very common and can be pricey for just using your speakers.

The best option might be to sell your speakers and look for a dedicated RCA speaker setup for your TV. You can find some good options at reasonable prices that will work well with your Sony TV.

Back