Artifacts while gaming

Afaq malik

I am using gt730 gpu.

I am facing that issue when I play gta5 for 5 to 10 minutes many lines and scales appear on my screen .....please tell me the solution

It's a classic sign that the memory chips on the graphics card are failing; it's sometimes a sign that the graphics processor on the card is overheating, too.

You could try cleaning taking off the fan and heatsink, cleaning any dust out them, and then reapply some fresh thermal paste. However, this doesn't help, then the only thing you can do is replace the card.

It's a classic sign that the memory chips on the graphics card are failing; it's sometimes a sign that the graphics processor on the card is overheating, too.

You could try cleaning taking off the fan and heatsink, cleaning any dust out them, and then reapply some fresh thermal paste. However, this doesn't help, then the only thing you can do is replace the card.
Sir I tried to run heaven benchmark mark and msi kombuster at ultra setting but it didn't show the artefacts bun while gta5 it show

Ok, check your graphics settings in GTA. Make sure it is using the right DirectX version, you have all the necessary graphics drivers, and just overlook the settings to make sure nothing is amiss.

GTA5 uses a lot more video memory than the other games/benchmarks mentioned (Kombuster use very little), so if it just a single bank in one memory chip that's failing, it won't show up unless it's being used.

I tried dx 11 and 10 and 10.1 but same issue...
And I think I have fermi version of gpu gt730 can it be a issue

GTA5 uses a lot more video memory than the other games/benchmarks mentioned (Kombuster use very little), so if it just a single bank in one memory chip that's failing, it won't show up unless it's being used.
[/QUm
So know what should I do???

First thing to try is to ensure that you have the most recent drivers for the GT 730.

Then, try setting all of the graphics options to their lowest settings in GTA5. This might get rid of the issues you're seeing. If it does, increase the settings one level at a time, until the issues result - the level below this is what you will have to use.

However, if changing the graphics options doesn't change anything, and you still have lines and scales on the screen, then the next thing to do is to try and provide some extra air flow over the graphics card - it might be that the card is overheating.

You can do this by either adding a fan near the card or removing a side panel from the PC case to see if this helps - the fact that you only get this problem after so many minutes does suggest that heat could be an issue, although memory chip failure is more likely.

If absolutely none of this makes any difference, then you have 3 final options: ignore the problem, don't play GTA5, or replace the graphics card.

Okk.
I have done all moethods except airflow... This is my last try... If it does not worked fine I will replace it..

First thing to try is to ensure that you have the most recent drivers for the GT 730.

Then, try setting all of the graphics options to their lowest settings in GTA5. This might get rid of the issues you're seeing. If it does, increase the settings one level at a time, until the issues result - the level below this is what you will have to use.

However, if changing the graphics options doesn't change anything, and you still have lines and scales on the screen, then the next thing to do is to try and provide some extra air flow over the graphics card - it might be that the card is overheating.

You can do this by either adding a fan near the card or removing a side panel from the PC case to see if this helps - the fact that you only get this problem after so many minutes does suggest that heat could be an issue, although memory chip failure is more likely.

If absolutely none of this makes any difference, then you have 3 final options: ignore the problem, don't play GTA5, or replace the graphics card.
Changing thermal paste, cleaning with ccl4 and using hot air gun can make it fine???

How do I repair
1)gddr memory issue
2)overheating
3)failing
????

Well. Basically switch off PC. Remove GPU and clean it using compressed air. Maybe some
Isopropyl alcohol.
Install GPU back in PC. With side panel removed. Place a fan blowing air over the GPU. Retest GTA V.

If not fixed. Replace card.

Last edited:
Well. Basically switch off PC. Remove GPU and clean it using Air. Maybe some
Isopropyl alcohol.
Install GPU back in PC. With side panel removed. Place a fan blowing air over the GPU. Retest GTA V.

If not fixed. Replace card.
Okk... Thank you..
I will try this

That is a sign that your GPU is too hot, and overheating after you play a demanding game like GTA 5. Have you tried adding a fan or removing the side panel yet?

I have 4gb graphic card, the problem is that the game which I play is using only 300mb of vram, but there is error with game setting is that your graphic memory exceeds or near..please low the settings

It sounds like your GPU could be overheating, so you should try adding a fan. Are you sure that it says that it is using 300 mb, or is it saying that you're GPU has 300 mb free. In GTA 5, the bar says how much you are using, not how much you have left. If you are using medium settings in GTA 5, which is what I use, then it has probably run out of VRAM. GTA 5 at medium settings uses around 4.5 gb of my 6 gb card. It might be running out of VRAM, so try turning down the settings.

It sounds like your GPU could be overheating, so you should try adding a fan. Are you sure that it says that it is using 300 mb, or is it saying that you're GPU has 300 mb free. In GTA 5, the bar says how much you are using, not how much you have left. If you are using medium settings in GTA 5, which is what I use, then it has probably run out of VRAM. GTA 5 at medium settings uses around 4.5 gb of my 6 gb card. It might be running out of VRAM, so try turning down the settings.

I tried gta4 not gta5 and in gta4 this error 300mbs................ Showed up

Back