"Warning Will Robinson, does not compute" - My "WTF" moment and why TechSpot recommends Gigabyte?

Well I would say all the companies mislead customers; love of money does not foster honesty

Agreed, the thing that bothers me is that to this day, the technology in the world is so advanced it's mind boggling. And yet, these tech companies still feel the need to fudge or mislead people with silliness. They come up with new model numbers and terms for the same 5h17 that is already been with us. Now, maybe half-truths aren't the most evil but it's still annoying.
I've been researching my latest monitor purchase for awhile now and all the terms and all the alphabet soup will make one's head spin.
One trend I see on monitors specifically, is the transition of reporting the speed in ms using a different type of metric. Whereas, a 5ms monitor response time used to be calculated using GtG, the monitors are, most recently, now reported as being 1ms using a new metric called MPRT.
So, that subtle marketing blurb is a little shady and yet at the same I guess there is some truth in it. The more time I spend researching the new landscape of monitor technology the better I feel, though. It's just all in how much time you wanna invest at the end of the day.

Back