Issues with the TechSpot newsletter "newsletter@techspot.com

jollyroll

Most of the images will not load when I open the newsletter in Microsoft Outlook. Any ideas for me to try? TIA

Well johnjp1, I guess we may be the only ones having this issue (but I doubt it!). The website views perfectly but to those who may now be taking notice, the newsletter in Outlook 2019 on Windows 11 does not render most of the pictures (png's, jpg's, etc.).

Did this start happening recently? The images on the newsletter are sourced similarly to images served on the website (for example, we may use webp images which may not be supported by older software/browsers) -- in that sense Outlook 2019 is somewhat dated now and I have seen similar complaints online about images not appearing properly on that email client. Perhaps you can try the link at the bottom of the newsletters that reads "View this email in your browser".

Hi Julio, This has been going on for approximately 3 to 4 month at least. When I click the "View this email in your browser" it is as bad or worse than the email as far as pictures loading. Most of the time the pictures near the end with the "comics" section will render. The main computer I use is the one I am responding on is a 3950X with Asus Strix 570-E Gaming MB, 64 GB ram, 3080 Ti EVGA, Win 11 Pro... I also have a laptop that I will need to see if it has the same problem with the newsletter but unfortunately I don't have a newsletter to peruse at this time. It is a 13900 intel with a 4060 chip and 16 GB ram and office 2021 and Win 11 Pro on it.

BTW, Thank you for your attention to your website and forums. I have been an internet geek since 1991 and I have noticed your name and professionalism for quite a long time.

This is most definitely a software problem. When you click on the newsletter link does it open on a web browser? And it doesn't show up properly?

It does open the web browser. It does not show up properly. I'm beginning to wonder if I should re-install Firefox and MS Office to see if it will clear up the problem. BTW, so far, the issue only occurs on your newsletter and occasionally on the newsletter from WebMD.

Same issue on my laptop with newsletter just sent out. I have Outlook on my iPhone and have no issues seeing the newsletter as it should appear. Ideas?

On your iPhone are you using the home network or mobile?
I ask because maybe it's related to a firewall in your home network.

If the newsletter doesn't show up images even on a regular web browser, then it could be a security setting (software app, firewall, add-on?) that is blocking them.

With the iPhone I was using the home network, which is the same as the laptop, the desktop is wired. The iPhone uses Verizon Digital Secure, the laptop and desktop use Norton 360 Premium, which I should have included earlier. I went through my plugins on Firefox and tried disabling each individually but no luck. I can figure out 90 percent of issues but this one has me at a loss, maybe can't see the forest for the trees situation.

Just remembered, to the best of my recollection, it seems that more of the images would appear the longer the newsletter had been out/sent.

The error message I get is "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location."

I have disabled Norton 360 and Malwarebytes and it did not change the lack of images being displayed.

Back