Cant turn off the pc by the button and showing no display

Check to make sure winblows(Windows) is to to turn the pc off in the power settings and not set to hibernate. Its under the change what the power button does, on the right hand side of the screen.

If you hit CTRL+Shift+ESC and it loads up take manager, how long has the PC been powered?

The machine is possibly not "POST"-ing. (Power on self Test).
(I'm assuming you finally did get it to shut down).

Does it "beep" when you hit the power switch?

As soon a you hit the power switch, summon BIOS, (Usually keep pressing the "delete" key).

The only "quick fix" I know, is "bleeding the PC". You kill the PSU altogether. (Turn off the switch on the unit itself, or unplug it. Then hold the power switch in for a few seconds. Turn on the PSU, and attempt to reboot.

The number one hardware failure in PCs is the PSU. I had a similar issue recently where I put a PC to sleep and it simply wouldn't wake up. There is circuitry inside a PSU that controls/responds to Windows power management instructions and it can fail. I had this happen recently and a new PSU corrected it immediately.

Of course as they say, your results and situation may vary.

I cant turn off my pc by the button and when I start its not even going into bios what causes this?
It could be a hardware issue faulty power button, motherboard, power supply or software problem. Try a forced shutdown hold power button 10 seconds, check power button connection, or reset BIOS.

Back