Brave 1.50.121 sub-menu Downloads, partially updated?

Davidlv

The sub-menu for the various downloads of Brave 1.50.121 seem to be partially updated. I.e. the MacOS Apple Silicon menu choice diwnloads the latest version, but the macOS Intel menu choice results in a prior version, 1.50.119. Of course, after installing the older version, you can get the update by hitting the "about Brave" menu. But the web admin should address this issue too.

Hey there, as you pointed out days prior, Brave appears to be updating their in-app self update mechanism before they even post the releases on Github, which is our source for updating our download entries. Rest assured we update daily, but can't jump the gun until releases are made public at the source:

Hey there, as you pointed out days prior, Brave appears to be updating their in-app self update mechanism before they even post the releases on Github, which is our source for updating our download entries. Rest assured we update daily, but can't jump the gun until releases are made public at the source:

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. However, as I suggested previously, your web team could improve the download sub-menu by including a popup showing what version would be downloaded when clicking on the particular menu choice. As it is now, you expect to get the 1.50.121 version, but the result is an older version, 1.50.119. My question then becomes, do you think that result is allowable?

I forgot to mention that the Github repository has been updated and now has the correct macOS Intel version of Brave, 1.50.121, so please update your Brave downloads menu. Thanks for the info about Brave on Github. I should also mention that in general I find your TechSpot site excellent (it may seem that I am only complaining, but actually I would just like to see the site perfected). Thanks too for your time and effort.

Back