AMD Fluid Motion Frames now available for rx6000 series

Tested in cp2077.
I shouldn't have bothered in the first palce. somehow it makes things worse when I enable it with game running at 55-65fps vsr on. there's more lag, less fluidity, tearing-like artifacts, despite the panel reporting around 100hz in freesync mode.
it works well with native res at 80-90fps, but also produces some artifacts. not that bad, but I prefer 80 fps without it to "160" fps with it. the frames are doubled technically speaking (afterburner reading is wrong, but panel osd indicated around 2x hz value when it's enabled), but the increased latency makes it a bit less responsive overall, and there are motion artifacts on top of that.
will be testing in rdr2. if that's the same, I'm putting the 6800 right back on the shelf.

Last edited:
Same experience with rdr2.
not that the tech doesn't work, I just don't seem to find a scenario where it really helps more than it doesn't.

I cant get Hogwarts to even load after installing the newest AFMF driver. But that aside, its not bad for single player games, I have noticed that if you move the mouse and change your view 45 to 90 degrees is a big swing, the screen will blur and your frames will drop to your native frame rate. The games will also stutter, if your do an about-face.

As for the performance drops in other games, that's definitely interesting. I haven't noticed anything like that myself, but it could be related to the AFMF driver or specific game settings.

Back