What is going on with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddles

What does this mean? <windows root>system32.dll.

I am trying to install windows xp full version on to my newly built computer. That comes up after i install part of it. When I put the Xp cd in the drive and it boots up, I press any key. It starts to load and I choose fresh installation becuase that is what I am doing. I make a partition and it starts coppying files as normal. After it copies the files it has to restart, when it restarts it tells me that windows could not start becuase <windows root>/system32.dll. is a corrupt file to reinstall that file or reinstall windows. I do that about 7 times and that error still comes up. I dont know what is going on. :eek:

This is what is in my computer:
MSI KT4AV-L
80Gb Seagate ST380011A Hard drive
1 cdrom drive
1 dvdr drive
1 floppy drive
256mb ddr400 memory
MSI 128mb video card
5.1 sound card

What the hell is going on....ahhhh? :confused:

Is it a copy of the XP disk? Ive never gotten those to work right. Also make sure the disk isnt dirty or damaged. Did you do a full format or quick format? Try full format.

vegasgmc said:
Is it a copy of the XP disk? Ive never gotten those to work right. Also make sure the disk isnt dirty or damaged. Did you do a full format or quick format? Try full format.
Did you even read my thread all the way through, it is a brand new disk that I bought, a full version I might add. No it cant be dirty, yes I have tried it both ways, quick and full, and all it comes up with is that error.

Have you tried using the DVD drive rather than the CD drive?

This is to eliminate any incompatibiliy with the actual CD itself.

Other than that I would say you may have a faulty Windows Disk.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I do use the dvd drive, should I diconnect one of them and have the drive as secondary master and the the Hard drive as primary master. What i mean by disconnecting the one drive, unplugging it and not use it windows installs?

Just so there`s no confusion.

Your HDD should be primary master with nothing else connected to the primary.

Your DVD should be secondary master and your CD should be secondary slave.

Also the IDE cable for your HDD should be the 80 pin type.

While the IDE cable for your DVD/CD should be of the 40 pin type.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Guess what guys, I solved my own problem :giddy: I found that the make or modle of the hard drive is older that the Athlon Xp. I found this out because I took the hard drive from this computer I am on now, coppied all the files to the Seagate 80gig and connected as the new start up drive and it works fine. So I take the Maxtor 60gig and put it in mine, run xp, delete the partition, make a new one, and xp loaded up great with no sweating. So thats why I am guessing that the make or modle of the seagate 80gig must be older than AMD Athlon Xp. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back