Weird audio

Cubeputer

So I reinstalled windows, got all my sound drivers, and everything was fine. But, when I got to a game, if something was happening on the right side of me, it would only come out of the right ear cup. I have checked all the drivers, and I have checked the headphones. It is getting really annoying, and it wasn't like this before. Does anyone know how to help?

Plug not inserted fully (push and turn)?

Wire broken (try on another system)?

Check balance setting (Setting - System - Sound and click on 'Device properties').

I checked all the. I get audio through both if the thing happening in the game is right in front of me. The headphones aren't broken, I checked with another pair of headphones. I have made sure all the levels are balanced out. It is still happening.

"I get audio through both if the thing happening in the game is right in front of me "

Pretty weird... just this game? how about stereo video? test with Speakers Properties - Advanced tab - click on test

Yes, the same thing happens in videos too. I haven't tested other games, but I'm pretty sure it would happen in those games too.

When you test the speakers, sound comes out equally. But in some videos, and some games, the sound only comes out of the ear cup on the side that the sound is happening.

This should allow you to vary the balance at each specific speaker.....

One idea is that this is a 2 speaker system but it has become configured for mono - so check that your output device is defined correctly and wired correctly.

The fact that you get 'stereo' when the noise is due to activity near center of screen could mean that the left channel is out but not so in the headphones or connection wire. Microsoft has finally addressed (to some extent) the many difficulties in audio with this troubleshooting tree:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems

I hope something pushes the error and its solution into the foreground.

Back