ToonTown Rewritten Issue

Setfree

Launcher for new ToonTown Rewritten works on one Windows 7 Ultimate N laptop, does not work and gives errors on another Windows 7 Ultimate N desktop . Both are 64 Bit, both have SP1. Tech support for ToonTown says it's because Microsoft does not support Win 7 anymore. That sounded lame to me, but I could be wrong.

What are the specifications of the laptop and desktop computers, I.e. what CPU, RAM, graphics card if any, do they have?

What are the specifications of the laptop and desktop computers, I.e. what CPU, RAM, graphics card if any, do they have?
PC with error is a desktop, it's name is: NATHANS-PC. Laptop with no issue is: NATEDOG-PC.

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
  • dxdiag nate lop top.txt
    24 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Having checked the DXDIAG files, both computers meet the minimum hardware requirements for the game, and the desktop has reasonably up-to-date software. You might want to install newer drivers for the graphics card, which you can download from here:

However, I suspect that this won't help with the error the desktop is experiencing (although it doesn't hurt to try it - just download them, run the file, click OK on each step, don't change anything, and let them install. Restart the computer once its finished).

The actual error involves a problem with the game trying to run a Python installer (Python is a computer language, and probably the one used to make the game). I recommend uninstalling the game, restart the computer, and then download the latest version of the game from here:

Having checked the DXDIAG files, both computers meet the minimum hardware requirements for the game, and the desktop has reasonably up-to-date software. You might want to install newer drivers for the graphics card, which you can download from here:

However, I suspect that this won't help with the error the desktop is experiencing (although it doesn't hurt to try it - just download them, run the file, click OK on each step, don't change anything, and let them install. Restart the computer once its finished).

The actual error involves a problem with the game trying to run a Python installer (Python is a computer language, and probably the one used to make the game). I recommend uninstalling the game, restart the computer, and then download the latest version of the game from here:

Tanks a heap neeyik. We will follow your recommendations and let you know the status.

After Nvidia update and reinstall of ToonTown as you suspected, the error reared it's ugly head. Funny, but Python installer had no issue on his Win 7 laptop. Disappointing, but thanks anyway for your time neeyik.

Last edited:
Back