Pc turns on, but no display. Also no power to keyboard or mouse.

I’ve seen this question multiple times but no answer to my Situation. All fans and rgb lights turn on inside the pc just no display or power to my keyboard and mouse

specs:

b450 f gaming mobo
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
Rx 580 gpu
2x16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram
Stock cpu cooler
EVGA 850 GQ 80+ Gold

About 2 months ago my computer turned off and when I went to turn it on, there was no display but I can confirm that the monitor does work. My keyboard and mouse don’t receive power either.

When I first try to turn on the pc a orange led light will show for about 2 seconds and then go away, at first I thought it was a faulty power supply because everything in my computer was bought new 2 years ago except the power supply. I just transferred it from another build. But I replaced the power supply a week ago which is the psu in the specs

I have reseated the ram, I have tried using only 1 stick and tried doing that with each one, I have cleaned out the ram slots aswell. If I take out the ram, their is a solid orange light but if I put them back in it’ll go away after restarting the pc again. I have also ensured that all cables are plugged fully. And also change the slot my gpu was in to see if that would help but to no avail.

another weird thing, I can press the power button to turn the pc on but if I hold it down it won’t power the pc off and I gotta press the kill switch in the back. But if I take both ram sticks out and power on the pc I CAN hold down the power button to turn off the pc.

my next guess is faulty ram sticks but I wanted to get another opinion before I waste more money

BIOS reset? Graphics would be the next thing to swap out.
I tried replacing the cmos battery but that didn’t work, and I can’t get to the bios because the pc won’t post. And are you saying that the culprit might be the gpu and not faulty ram?

I tried replacing the cmos battery but that didn’t work, and I can’t get to the bios because the pc won’t post. And are you saying that the culprit might be the gpu and not faulty ram?
You might want to follow the BIOS reset procedure outlined in the manual. It usually involves shorting a jumper or shorting the battery terminals where the CMOS battery goes (with the PSU unplugged and the motherboard discharged). Changing the battery might work but just in case the proper way should be done since you have tried many things already.

A bad GPU could prevent you from seeing anything on the screen. I use a spare GT 710 graphics card for testing. Having spare parts is very handy when you have to diagnose a "No POST" condition as you have. I often will remove the mainboard from the case and strip the system of all extras.

To get your machine to post you only need the mainboard with one good RAM stick. The PSU is connected to the 24-pin and the 4/6 pin near the CPU socket. A video card in your case since the Ryzen 2600 does not have IGP. Power going to the graphics card (depending on what card you use). It would be handy to have a BIOS speaker connected so you can hear POST beeps (if there are any).

I’ve seen this question multiple times but no answer to my Situation. All fans and rgb lights turn on inside the pc just no display or power to my keyboard and mouse

specs:

b450 f gaming mobo
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
Rx 580 gpu
2x16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram
Stock cpu cooler
EVGA 850 GQ 80+ Gold

About 2 months ago my computer turned off and when I went to turn it on, there was no display but I can confirm that the monitor does work. My keyboard and mouse don’t receive power either.

When I first try to turn on the pc a orange led light will show for about 2 seconds and then go away, at first I thought it was a faulty power supply because everything in my computer was bought new 2 years ago except the power supply. I just transferred it from another build. But I replaced the power supply a week ago which is the psu in the specs

I have reseated the ram, I have tried using only 1 stick and tried doing that with each one, I have cleaned out the ram slots aswell. If I take out the ram, their is a solid orange light but if I put them back in it’ll go away after restarting the pc again. I have also ensured that all cables are plugged fully. And also change the slot my gpu was in to see if that would help but to no avail.

another weird thing, I can press the power button to turn the pc on but if I hold it down it won’t power the pc off and I gotta press the kill switch in the back. But if I take both ram sticks out and power on the pc I CAN hold down the power button to turn off the pc.

my next guess is faulty ram sticks but I wanted to get another opinion before I waste more money
Ism having the same problem. Did you figure it out?

Back