Monitor help

Hey guys. I'm having an issue with my monitor I'm hoping you can help me with

I have an Alienware aw3420dw which I bought a while ago. It's been working fine until today when it just shut off.
When I tried fixing it, I realized the thing now only turns on when the monitor is face down flat.

I've checked the power cable and used a different one too. I've wiggled it when it was upright and face down, neither made a change so I don't think the connection is loose.

Hey guys. I'm having an issue with my monitor I'm hoping you can help me with

I have an Alienware aw3420dw which I bought a while ago. It's been working fine until today when it just shut off.
When I tried fixing it, I realized the thing now only turns on when the monitor is face down flat.

I've checked the power cable and used a different one too. I've wiggled it when it was upright and face down, neither made a change so I don't think the connection is loose.

The fact that you figured out how to make it work leaves you a couple choices ...it has to be a loose connection inside (may require soldering) or out and other than gaming, laying on your back looking through a glass coffee table at the monitor above (I joke!) you will want to get this guy fixed. If you are like me you can't wait for a repair so I see you replacing it with a new one then fixing the old one, so that it can be used as a 2nd monitor or something that can be resold after it is working.

Back