Blue Screen at boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoCGFreak

I was trying to upgrade my friends computer, buy re-installing windows. I re-installed it because it wouldn't download updates do to the key it had. Anyways, i reinstalled it and it wont boot. I only shows the windows logo for about .5 sec. I tried re-installing windows once more, same thing....any suggestions?...anyone? PLZ HELP! :dead:

Computer is a Compaq Presario 6010

please be more speciffic....When does it freeze before installing windozw completely or after,at the first run?
What is you pc specifications?

THe computer is a compaq presario Model 6010, AMD Athlon 1.4 Gigs, 512MB Ram, 40 Gig Hard Drive, 32mb Nvidia GFX. Windows Xp PRO. Problem is i see the windows logo for .5 seconds, and then jumps to a blue screen, and i cant do anything more. I tried hardware connecting and disconnecting things, but still no go. What is the key fix to this? Also what way can i access her desktop or more like her files becase i connect the hard drive onto my computer to back up her files but i am unable to reach anymore than just into the documents and settings folder but not into her name to access her desktop or documents. Please Answer These Two Questions :(

It could be media problems(bad cd disk)....try to copy the cd on the hdd and install from there.....If the copy process not works ....the cd disk is bad

eerr

I've tried 2 XP Disks, and the problem is i cant even get into windows, i have no form of getting in, all i get when its going to boot is a blue screen, about If problem keeps happening its a virus and so on. What i need help in is getting into windows, and not deleting any files, thats why i had tried to copy her Hdd files into mine. :knock:

All I know is that i had the same problem,except that it used to happen after I had started up and tried to gt into a folder,all I did was run a scan disk amd a defrag and it has never done it agian.
Now listen I am not telling what to do merely what happened to me,Hopefully somebody can you help you out with it.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back