Samsung DeX Dock
Pros & Cons
Samsung's DeX dock promises to turn your Galaxy S8 and S8+ into a desktop PC replacement for $150 (it is now available). It features HDMI output to connect to an external display, two USB 2.0 ports, one ethernet port and a USB-C port for power. Once connected to a monitor, DeX casts a 1920x1080 desktop with resizable windows. The whole interface looks like Chrome OS, but it's Android, so expect to use just Android apps.
TechSpot MetascoreBased on 7 expert reviews
TechSpot is supported by its audience. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
- Good desktop experience-it feels like a Windows desktop
- Existing DeX support for Microsoft office, Adobe apps, and other critical must-haves
- Compact size doubles a charging dock
- Samsung Internet is capable
Reviewers Didn't Like
- No good reason to buy this, a mouse, and a keyboard over a real PC
- Bluetooth pairing needs an overhaul
- Needs more, and better app support
- Phone is locked to dock