Full-featured IDE to code, debug, test, and deploy to any platform. Code faster. Work smarter. Create the future with the best-in-class IDE.
Develop with the entire toolset from initial design to final deployment.
What is Visual Studio used for?
Visual Studio is a source code editor you can use to build apps, games, or extensions using the language of your choice. Edit, debug, and build code. Once you're done the final product can then be published as an app, website, web service or mobile app.
What is the difference between Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio?
Visual Studio Code is a streamlined code editor with support for development operations like debugging, task running, and version control. It aims to provide just the tools a developer needs for a quick code-build-debug cycle and leaves more complex workflows to fuller featured IDEs, such as Visual Studio.
Is Visual Studio good for Python programming?
- Improved IntelliSense performance for C++ files
- Local development with many common emulators
- Simplified test access in Solution Explorer
- Git management and repo creation in the IDE
- Kubernetes support now included in Microsoft Azure workload
- Stay up to date & in the know
- Code more efficiently with built-in and downloaded features
- Collaborate seamlessly without leaving the editor
Write code with fewer errors
Type variables quickly and accurately, using IntelliSense code suggestions if you get stuck. Maintain speed no matter the complexity as you navigate to any file, type, member, or symbol declaration you need. Make quick improvements to your code using light bulbs that suggest actions such as renaming a function or adding a parameter.
- One-click code cleanup. Resolve warnings and suggestions with the click of a button
- Visual Studio IntelliCode. Get AI-assisted recommendations that learn from the community
- Visual Studio Live Share. Share code using real-time collaborative development
The Visual Studio 16.11 minor update is now available!
Version 16.11 is the last minor update for Visual Studio 2019, and version 16.11 has been designated as the "service pack". To remain under support for Visual Studio 2019, update to the Release Channel version of 16.11 by December 2021.
The Visual Studio 2019 Preview Channel now contains the same functionality as the Visual Studio 16.11 Release Channel. However, the Preview does not provide go-live rights. To continue using Visual Studio 2019, we recommend you install Visual Studio 16.11.
Software similar to Visual Studio 2019 10
Android Studio provides the fastest tools for building apps on every type of Android device.
A source code editor for Windows, Linux and macOS. It includes support for debugging, Git control, syntax highlighting, intelligent code completion, snippets, and code refactoring.
Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.
- Free to Try
Xcode is Apple's powerful integrated development environment for creating great apps for Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
More similar downloads