As featured in:
MSI Afterburner is the most used graphics card software for a good reason: it‘s reliable, works on any card (all brands, Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon), gives you complete control, lets you monitor your hardware in real-time, and it’s completely free!
Afterburner provides complete monitoring to show the graphics card operating status accurately: all important information including the GPU core clock, memory clock, temperature, voltage, and fan speed have a real-time on-screen-display monitor in games and real-time information in the Windows Tray Icon. All the adjustments can be saved as profiles, and users can quickly switch to different settings with hotkeys.
The new version of Afterburner not only supports the latest Nvidia GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics cards, but also adds the Predator in-game video capture function. Gamers can now capture all of their most intense moments in their favorite games and share them with the world on sites like YouTube. MSI Afterburner is available completely free of charge and can be used with graphics cards from all brands.
MSI Afterburner for Android
You can use the MSI Afterburner for Android to monitor and overclock your machine from your Android device. To use the MSI Afterburner App you must have installed the MSI Afterburner Remote Server on your computer.
Install Instructions for MSI Afterburner Remote Server:
To access your machine from your Android device you must first download and install the Remote Server for the download links found here. Once you download the MSIAfterburnerRemoteServer.zip file from TechSpot, extract the file to your computer and run MSIAfterburnerRemoteServer.exe. Once installed it should appear in system tray. Click on it and copy the bottom IP address shown (you will need it for the MSI Afterburner App).
Configuring the MSI Afterburner App:
After downloading the MSI Afterburner App for Android on your device and installing MSI Afterburner Remote Server on your computer, open the app and click on settings. In settings select 'Host IP Address' and enter the IP address you got from the MSI Afterburner Remote Server (it should be something like 192.168.101.22:82). Once you enter the IP Address your Android device will automatically connect to your personal computer.
Exploring and exceeding the limits of your graphics card might sound scary, but it’s actually easier than you think. Afterburner overclocking tools provide easy and precise access to your graphics card settings. While increasing your GPU's clock frequency and voltage, the fan speed control will enable you to find the perfect balance between performance and temperature.
OC Scanner is an automated function that will find the highest stable overclock settings for your card. Giving you a free performance boost for a smooth in-game experience thanks to higher FPS.
Custom Fan Profiles
Heat dissipation is an essential factor for graphics card performance. Afterburner lets you fully customize a predefined fan speed curve, allowing you to determine cooling performance all the way!
Share your greatest moments! With Predator, you can record your best performance in games or overclocking without missing a single frame. The Predator software supports the H.264 codec, multiple file formats (.WMV, .AVI), size and quality to capture your match winning frag, beating the game on hard or breaking a record in overclocking.
The Hardware Monitor shows critical hardware information in real-time; temperature, usage, clock speed, and voltage. You can display selected information on-screen to keep an eye on key statistics while you are in game.
- Added voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT series graphics cards
- Added experimental support for Intel 11th generation CPUs
- Added experimental support for mobile AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Fixed issue with missing memory temperature sensor on AMD RADEON 5700 / 5700 XT series graphics cards
- Increased memory overclocking limit for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30x0 series graphics cards
- RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.3.2
- Added NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture support:
- Added new fan control 3.0 API support
- Added new integrated OC Scanner API support, please read below to get more information about new OC Scanner implementation
- Updated bundled MSI Overclocking Scanner application:
- Starting from 455.xx drivers family, NVIDIA OS Scanner is no longer implemented as a separate software component redistributed with each AIC partner's overclocking software. Now NVIDIA OC Scanner is integrated into the driver and third party software can natively access it via NVAPI. Such implementation simplifies the process of OC Scanner maintenance for NVIDIA, it is no longer necessary to ship updated software components to AIC partners and re-release each partners's software when something needs to be changed inside OC Scanner from NVIDIA side. MSI Overclocking Scanner supports both implementations of NVIDIA OC Scanner API:
- Old legacy implementation of NVIDIA OC Scanner via separate software components for NVIDIA Pascal and Turing architectures for pre-455.xx drivers family
- New integrated NVAPI based implementation of NVIDIA OC Scanner for 455.xx and newer NVIDIA display drivers
- New NVAPI based OC scanner implementation features the following changes and improvements:
- Automated overlocking support for both core and memory clocks
- OC Scanners's results are now persistent. It means that once the scanning process succeeds, NVIDIA driver internally saves optimized voltage/frequency curve and overclocked memory clock and apply them as new system defaults after reboot, even if you close or uninstall overclocking application. Now there is new "Revert" button inside MSI Overclocking Scanner, which allows you to revert overclocked curve and memory clocks to their real defaults
- Manually adjusted clock/frequency curve stability testing functionality is deprecated and no longer available
- Added voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30x0 series graphic cards
- Added new MSI Ampere and Indigo skins by Drerex design
- Added experimental support for Intel 10th generation CPUs
- Added native NVAPI based implementation of absolute GPU power monitoring for NVIDIA GPUs
- Altered synchronization mutex name for AMD SNM registers access in AMD Ryzen temperature monitoring implementation
- Fixed abnormally high PCIE bus usage value monitored on NVIDIA GPUs after display driver crash and recovery or on Optimus
- platforms when discrete GPU is sleeping
- Added workaround for AMD driver bug causing short display flicker during applying new fan settings on some multi-monitor or
- single monitor high refresh rate display configurations
- Now MSI Afterburner is forcibly disabling Zero RPM when applying new fixed fan speed in order to bypass AMD driver bug
- preventing fan control from working when Zero RPM mode is enabled on some systems. If Zero RPM is working properly on your
- system and you still want to keep it enabled when adjusting fan speed, you may disable forcible Zero RPM override with power
- oriented switch in application configuration file
- ow MSI Afterburner is displaying the minimum allowed fan speed in software fan curve editor window on Overdrive 8 capable
- AMD GPUs. The latest AMD drivers will not allow you to set fan speed below this limit, that’s by design of driver
- AMD ADL components are loaded by absolute path now to prevent possible DLL hijacking
- Tightened IO driver access policy, the driver can no longer be accessed by users with no administrative rights
- RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.3.0. This version introduces plugins architecture and brand new visual overlay editor plugin, we strongly recommend you to try it if you’re advanced user and want to customize your OSD beyond the possibilities of MSI Afterburner’s internal OSD layout editor
What's New 4.6.2:
- Added voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20x0 SUPER series graphic cards
- Added voltage control for AMD RADEON RX 5700 series graphics cards
- Added new MSI Steampunked, MSI Lightning Anniversary and MSI Mystic skins by Drerex design
- Improved hardware monitoring module:
- Added CPU temperature monitoring support for AMD Ryzen 3X00 processors family
- Added thermal offset for CPU temperature monitoring on AMD Ryzen Threadripper 29X0 processors family
- Added package CPU power and per-core CPU power monitoring for AMD Ryzen processors family
- Improved monitoring plugins architecture:
- Added API function for reading host application’s hardware monitoring timestamp from the plugins. The timestamp is updated by host on each hardware polling iteration, so it allows the plugin to precache and reuse some sensor data if the same physical sensor value is being used in multiple data sources exported by plugin. Such approach is demonstrated in updated CPU.dll plugin for duplicating the same temperature sensor value for all cores on AMD CPU
- Added optional plugin unititialization callback function, which is called by the host before unloading the plugins. New multithreaded Ping.dll plugin is demonstrating new function usage to shut down ping monitoring thread properly
- Improved monitoring plugins:
- Updated CPU.dll plugin is demonstrating AMD Ryzen CPU temperature monitoring implementation and optimal duplication of the same temperature sensor readback for all CPU cores
- Added new Ping.dll plugin for monitoring ping to desired server via ICMP echo requests. Please take a note that the plugin is configured to monitor ping to www.guru3d.com by default, it is up to you to specify target server name or IP address in the plugin properties
- Improved skin engine:
- Optimized skin rendering performance for skins using multiple overlapped animated indicators
- Added position smoothing support to skinned indicators
- Now skinned applications can forcibly disable indicator animation if necessary
- Skin format reference guide has been updated to v1.8 to document these changes
- Updated IO driver provides more secure MMIO and MSR access interface
- RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.2.3
Similar Software Apps 11
This application will let you benchmark and overclock your system components.
Fine tune your Nvidia graphics card, maximize cooling and performance.
The easiest way to optimize your games and keep your Nvidia drivers up to date.
More similar downloads