Ubisoft delays Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine due to the pandemic

Shawn Knight

Staff member
More of the same: It's more bad news for gamers as Ubisoft has announced that two highly anticipated projects are being pushed back. This comes on the heels of CD Projekt Red's delay of Cyberpunk 2077 and word that Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition is giving Night Dive Studios more issues than anticipated due to lost source code.

Ubisoft on Thursday revealed as part of its latest earnings report that two of its biggest upcoming games have been delayed.

Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine have been pushed back “to 2021-22” due to production challenges associated with working from home during the pandemic.

Ubisoft provided a first look at Far Cry 6 during its Ubisoft Forward digital event back in July. The game features Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito as "El Presidente" Antón Castillo, a dictator attempting to teach his son Diego how to follow in his footsteps.

Far Cry 6 will afford “the largest Far Cry playground to date,” which Ubisoft described as a tropical paradise frozen in time. The game was originally scheduled to ship on February 18, 2021.

This is at least the second delay for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine.

Ubisoft around this same time a year ago announced it, along with a couple of other games, was being pushed back to fiscal year 2020-21. One has to wonder, given the current circumstances, if a name change is also being considered.

Permalink to story.

Ohhhhhh ..... do we have a new challenger for the record delays we saw with GTA? Far Cry 5 was interesting in theme only but as stated, it's narrative was terrible.

I just hope it's better than Far Cry 5. That game was a narrative mess.

Far Cry 4 was the best I feel, even though Far Cry 3 was definitely a huge splash in innovation.
I actually loved Far Cry 5. The fact that it took place in North America made it feel a lot more relevant to me. The story itself was pretty screwed up but the story in Far Cry 4 was also pretty screwed up. They both had a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" storyline where there was no way to really win. From a story standpoint, Far Cry 3 was better than both of them.

Back