New build, fans spin and stop immediately, no beep no boot nothing

sarnmax

Hi..I hope you all guys are doing well..sorry that my English isn't good.
Please help me I'm so scared
I build a new pc with following configurations:
MB:
Gigabyte x570 aorus master
CPU:
Ryzen 9 3900x
VGA:
2070 super
PSU:
1050w Green
Ram:
G.skill Ripjaws 3600 (16×2)

I assembled all the mentioned parts according to the motherboard manual and when I power on it I saw cpu and graphic card fans spin and stop in a second. I rechecked everything such as ram, cpu, graphic card, all the cables etc and everything was well connected even I reinstalled all the components individually one by one but again fans spin and stop after a second, no beep no boot nothing..according to my knowledge its more likely that my new motherboard is dead and one of my friend also said this but I'm not completely sure. Can someone help me to get out of this terrible situation??

When you first turn on a new PC there is a solid 30 seconds to a minute of memory training where the PC shuts off and restarts. It gives the illusion that something is wrong (because of the black screen and no beep) where there is nothing wrong. I believe people are reaching for the power switch too soon and therefore trying to diagnose problems that don't exist and corrupting their BIOS settings in the process.

If your RAM is on the QVL for your board, I would follow the instructions to reset your BIOS (It involves battery removal and shorting 2 pins most of the time). Try it again but this time give it plenty of time. You spent a lot of money on the parts so if you are still having trouble find a local computer shop to help diagnose. Don't just assume something is defective. It rarely is.

When you first turn on a new PC there is a solid 30 seconds to a minute of memory training where the PC shuts off and restarts. It gives the illusion that something is wrong (because of the black screen and no beep) where there is nothing wrong. I believe people are reaching for the power switch too soon and therefore trying to diagnose problems that don't exist and corrupting their BIOS settings in the process.

If your RAM is on the QVL for your board, I would follow the instructions to reset your BIOS (It involves battery removal and shorting 2 pins most of the time). Try it again but this time give it plenty of time. You spent a lot of money on the parts so if you are still having trouble find a local computer shop to help diagnose. Don't just assume something is defective. It rarely is.
Thanks for your reply
I didn't assemble the parts myself. I took the parts to the shop and my friend who has 20 years of experience did all that I was stand with him and seeing all the process..he believes it may be solved through motherboard BIOS update but we hadn't another ryzen processor. Moreover I didn't believe to BIOS update bcz both x570 aorus master definitely supports ryzen 9 3900x and it also written in the manual. But he still believes to update..I really believe that they sold a dead motherboard to me

You are right ...the board supports your CPU but the newer BIOS updates deal with memory compatibility. This is the reason you should update the memory. You didn't say if your memory is on the QVL...? There is another potential problem.

You are right ...the board supports your CPU but the newer BIOS updates deal with memory compatibility. This is the reason you should update the memory. You didn't say if your memory is on the QVL...? There is another potential problem.
I really appreciate your help
You mean what memory my motherboard supports? Yes my motherboard supports my memories (G.skill Ripjaws 3600 CL 16)

This is my MB:
X570 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.0)
this is my Memory:
F4-3600C16D-32GVKC

Attachments

• 20-232-907-V01.jpg
    20-232-907-V01.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 81f8nbIA-kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81f8nbIA-kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 1
It's a bad mobo or cpu, in my opinion. RAM problems usually produce a beep error. There's a small chance it could be the PSU as well, you could try swapping that (that psu's a bit of an odd choice for that system anyway.)

It's a bad mobo or cpu, in my opinion. RAM problems usually produce a beep error. There's a small chance it could be the PSU as well, you could try swapping that (that psu's a bit of an odd choice for that system anyway.)
Yes thats what me and my friend reached to..but I really can't believe such an expensive and professional motherboard is dead

As last chance I want to check PSU..nothing else comes to my mind.
One more question
Can a dead motherboard damage my other components if continue testing it?

Last edited:
If it does wind up being the PSU, might I suggest a smaller one? Your friend at the shop wildly oversold you on the capacity you need. The system as it stands now could run easily with a 500w PSU. Even if you're later planning to add an 3080 graphics card, 750w would still be enough. Bigger isn't always better...

If it does wind up being the PSU, might I suggest a smaller one? Your friend at the shop wildly oversold you on the capacity you need. The system as it stands now could run easily with a 500w PSU. Even if you're later planning to add an 3080 graphics card, 750w would still be enough. Bigger isn't always better...

One more question
Can a dead motherboard damage my other components if continue testing it?

In theory I suppose, but in practice its not something you need worry about. Excessive handling of the components is the bigger danger, so make sure you're careful with the cpu pins, esd precautions, etc.

I went to the motherboard website and downloaded the QVL for Matisse (that's your processor type) and I could not find your exact ram part# on the list:

If your memory is not on the tested list it could present a problem that would cause the issue you have. Try a memory kit that is off the list before you send your board back.
yes you are right..the exact QVL memory of my Motherboard is not there but there is sth so similar to it..I attacted it to this post. everything is similar to my memory but the difference is mine is 32GB (2*16) and this is only one 16GB (2*8)..can that cause any problem?

My Memory:
[SIZE=26px]F4-3600C16D-32GVKC

MB QVL Memory:
[SIZE=26px]F4-3600C16D-16GVK[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    579.5 KB · Views: 0
Hello guys I hope you all are doing well
just one hour ago I took my motherboard, CPU, memory and VGA to the seller and he tested the hardware and guess what?? motherboard worked!!! but no display despite using my 2070 Super.. So its most likely that the PSU is to be blamed. they sent the Motherboard to their center so that they Update its BIOS. I told the they can update it through Q-Flash Tech. but they prefer to send it. anyway I still don't think the MB needs BIOS update but that's what happened

Great; glad you were able to diagnose it. And now you have an opportunity to purchase a more sensible PSU. :)

Great; glad you were able to diagnose it. And now you have an opportunity to purchase a more sensible PSU. :)
Special thank to you Bro and Mr. Kshipper you helped me a lot. But I'm a bit upset as I seen my new fancy MB and CPU and 2070 Super were constantly installed and removed. I bought these parts after months of saving my income and now I see they are constantly being sent from here to there. I never had thought I would face such situation because I did my best to do all this, after a lot of researching and asking experts. I hope non of my hardware would damaged during all these processes and maybe I've become over sensitive for being naïve. :)?

I'm glad your board posted with the larger RAM kti that is not on the QVL and that you guys figured out the first issue (PSU). You are not out of the woods yet. Once you get going it would be a good idea to boot over to Memtest (Free) from Passmark Software and do 4 passes of that memory test before proceeding.

I'm glad your board posted with the larger RAM kti that is not on the QVL and that you guys figured out the first issue (PSU). You are not out of the woods yet. Once you get going it would be a good idea to boot over to Memtest (Free) from Passmark Software and do 4 passes of that memory test before proceeding.
Thank you Sir
what do you mean by " posted with the larger RAM kti"..sorry my English isn't that good. Would you explain your last massage to me. I sure what you said above is really vital to my new build. thanks

Your board posted means Power-On-Self-Test (POST) but that doesn't mean it is going to be stable. I am recommending that you run a memory test to insure you have stability. I usually run other bench tests too like 3Dmark, PCmark, Passmark also has a 2nd test you can run.

Your board posted means Power-On-Self-Test (POST) but that doesn't mean it is going to be stable. I am recommending that you run a memory test to insure you have stability. I usually run other bench tests too like 3Dmark, PCmark, Passmark also has a 2nd test you can run.
Okay I got it yes that's what I should do to be ensured everything works fine. This is the very first thing I'll do after I get my PC. Thank Sir really appreciated

Back