My PC has many errors

Lonchix

Lately my PC has had many errors and the main one is that every time I open an application (any) the CPU goes up a lot (40% - 80%) and then goes down to what it really uses. This happens with EVERYTHING: Google Chrome, games or Paint.
When the CPU usage reaches 100%, the games run slowly
but really the pc works fine.

I tried EVERYTHING
-Uninstall Windows and reinstall it (NOTHING)
-Change of processor and chipset thermal paste (NADA)
-Install all drivers and update them. I also tried updating them but nothing :(
-I unblock Windows, I check if it was some service and nothing
-Check by disconnecting the HDD but nothing
-I have watched hours and hours of videos trying to fix it and nothing

This is very rare and please someone help me because I am really desperate. I will love whoever helps me :(
This never happened before EVER

PS: I don't know English, sorry if the translation of the text is bad, I hope it is understood.

My PC:
i3-9100f
1650 Super 4GB
16GB Ram
Asus PRIME H310M-E R2.0
1 SSD 1 HDDcpu.pngtemp.png

What are the errors? Are they Blue Screen errors?
Noo bro it's just the excessive CPU usage
Look at this video:
and

This has never happened before, it never gets this high.
And I can't play games that use a lot of CPU

The first video showed Opera using most of the memory. The second did not. The temps were a little high but I think in limits. I know you uninstalled Windows and reinstalled it, but sometimes a virus can still be there depending how it was done, other partitions, etc. When I did tech support for Gateway and a virus was suspect, we did a low level format (write zeros to the hard drive) any virus was then gone. I would try to use a couple different good bootable anti-virus programs (Bitdefender or Malwarebytes) before you do anything else.

The first video showed Opera using most of the memory. The second did not. The temps were a little high but I think in limits. I know you uninstalled Windows and reinstalled it, but sometimes a virus can still be there depending how it was done, other partitions, etc. When I did tech support for Gateway and a virus was suspect, we did a low level format (write zeros to the hard drive) any virus was then gone. I would try to use a couple different good bootable anti-virus programs (Bitdefender or Malwarebytes) before you do anything else.
I just tried all antivirus boots (malwarebytes, kapersky, avg, avira, panda. Minus Bitdefender because I can't find it) but nothing, they didn't detect anything :(

We just had an ice storm, hole in roof, water in house, caused by many tree branches hitting roof, so I am not sure if I will be able to help much but will try if I can. Did you install any hardware, software or any updates just before the issue started? Also you could run services.msc and stop the WmiPrvSE.exe process, and see if that helps. One last thing, I assume you are using Windows 10. If so, there are so many settings (tracking, privacy, background apps, Diagnostics and Feedback etc.) that can be turned off to improve performance not to mention Windows 10 bloatware (unnecessary software) that can be disabled.

Last edited:
We just had an ice storm, hole in roof, water in house, caused by many tree branches hitting roof, so I am not sure if I will be able to help much but will try if I can. Did you install any hardware, software or any updates just before the issue started? Also you could run services.msc and stop the WmiPrvSE.exe process, and see if that helps. One last thing, I assume you are using Windows 10. If so, there are so many settings (tracking, privacy, background apps, Diagnostics and Feedback etc.) that can be turned off to improve performance not to mention Windows 10 bloatware (unnecessary software) that can be disabled.

:( Hope you're okay and nothing bad happened to you :( but bro I really did all that and nothing :(

No one got hurt. Just a LOT of work ahead. Back to your issue. I do not know what else to recommend for you to do. Maybe someone else on the forum with more insight and/or experience than I have can help you. Have a good day, Jesus loves you.

Have you tried using Ccleaner? If not then download it and do all the scans including the registry cleaner, it may help...
Also if the CPU goes back to normal then what's the problem
Edit: It also happens with my pc (i5 10900K) but I can do multitasking without any issues

The i3-9100f is an entry level "simple office tasks only" CPU. Secondly, seeing any spike in CPU cycles at program launch is completely normal on any computer with any CPU. The degree to which you will see a "spike" depends on the CPU core count, cache, and frequency. Your CPU is entry level so I would expect to see what you're seeing to varying degrees.

What is atypical is a lightweight program or background service using 40 - 80% CPU cycles at system idle but that still has to be contextualized against the hardware it's running on. Ultimately, what your CPU does as you open a program is a somewhat of a useless metric. I have a 10850k with 10/20 cores that can run at up to 5.2K and I can sometimes see 25% utilization by opening some basic apps. On the flip side it's perfectly normal for your CPU to run at 85-100% CPU utilization if it's not thermal throttling. On higher end systems this condition would happen by running intensive apps or doing something like hashing files while on lower end systems simply multiple browsers open along with a few basic apps can induce something similar. You have to weigh the resource utilization you're seeing against the hardware it's running on. If you're running a very basic processor... well there's your answer.

Your CPU is also not a gaming CPU and will not cope well at higher frame rates.

Have you tried using Ccleaner? If not then download it and do all the scans including the registry cleaner, it may help...
Also if the CPU goes back to normal then what's the problem
Edit: It also happens with my pc (i5 10900K) but I can do multitasking without any issues
The problem is that I cannot do many operations at the same time as before if I could do it without any problem.
Before I could play 1 game while watching a stream and playing another game, but not now.
When reaching 100% the game or whatever it is that you are using freezes and goes very bad.
But the use of cpu of any application in the task manager appears that it is for example 70% but in "details" (of the task manager) it is using only 20% which is normal and no other service is using cpu. So this means that there is a ghost process that uses cpu or something like that I don't know but I have tried so many things that I want to kill myself xddd

The i3-9100f is an entry level "simple office tasks only" CPU. Secondly, seeing any spike in CPU cycles at program launch is completely normal on any computer with any CPU. The degree to which you will see a "spike" depends on the CPU core count, cache, and frequency. Your CPU is entry level so I would expect to see what you're seeing to varying degrees.

What is atypical is a lightweight program or background service using 40 - 80% CPU cycles at system idle but that still has to be contextualized against the hardware it's running on. Ultimately, what your CPU does as you open a program is a somewhat of a useless metric. I have a 10850k with 10/20 cores that can run at up to 5.2K and I can sometimes see 25% utilization by opening some basic apps. On the flip side it's perfectly normal for your CPU to run at 85-100% CPU utilization if it's not thermal throttling. On higher end systems this condition would happen by running intensive apps or doing something like hashing files while on lower end systems simply multiple browsers open along with a few basic apps can induce something similar. You have to weigh the resource utilization you're seeing against the hardware it's running on. If you're running a very basic processor... well there's your answer.

Your CPU is also not a gaming CPU and will not cope well at higher frame rates.
I thought his issue was something new with his PC, not staus quo from the beginning. Yes his system is not considered robust.

I thought his issue was something new with his PC, not staus quo from the beginning. Yes his system is not considered robust.

Rereading the OP's post your point definitely tracks but overall there isn't enough information provided by OP to explain why there is sudden cause for concern? If "it was different before" (and that could be possible) what metrics did OP use know what baseline was. I.e. what "before" was? We need to know that if he has it. If he wasn't looking at CPU use % before and now is how would he know there was an actual problem now? I outlined to OP that a CPU can be under 100% load and that it is totally normal in many situations especially on lower end CPUs.

To OP:

Was a specific game or set of games running smoother before and now isn't? What data do you have to demonstrate that you system is underperforming outside of looking at real-time CPU usage? With what you have provided so far we can only speculate what problem (if any) exists.

-Are you overclocking?

-Have you tried settings BIOS to defaults?

-Have you checked for latest BIOS versions?

-Have you checked Windows System Event and Window Application logs for any -errors, specifically related to CPU or WHEA?

-Are you able to run Windows Performance Monitor (built-in to windows) and record both System Diagnostic and System Performance report for 15 minutes while trying to replicate your issue?

-Is there a task you can definitely say is worse now and than it was before or are you just freaked out by how much utilization is happening on your CPU?

Last edited:
The problem is that I cannot do many operations at the same time as before if I could do it without any problem.
Before I could play 1 game while watching a stream and playing another game, but not now.
When reaching 100% the game or whatever it is that you are using freezes and goes very bad.
But the use of cpu of any application in the task manager appears that it is for example 70% but in "details" (of the task manager) it is using only 20% which is normal and no other service is using cpu. So this means that there is a ghost process that uses cpu or something like that I don't know but I have tried so many things that I want to kill myself xddd

Just seeing this reponse...

You should run a Windows Ssytem Diagnostic Report, it's easy to do:

tl:dr - run "perfmon /report" in windows search and upload the results as an HTML file in this thread. The report runs for 60 seconds, you should provide two captures, one at system idle and the other that runs during the issues you say you're having, let us know which is which.

Last edited:
Just seeing this reponse...

You should run a Windows Ssytem Diagnostic Report, it's easy to do:

tl:dr - run "perfmon /report" in windows search and upload the results as an HTML file in this thread. The report runs for 60 seconds, you should provide two captures, one at system idle and the other that runs during the issues you say you're having, let us know which is which.

the data appears in Spanish, sorry, you can translate it if necessary :(

Attachments

• html.zip
    211.7 KB · Views: 4
At this point, I can only suggest you to do a fresh install of windows

But how can I do that? I have installed windows 4 times xd versions: 2004 (x3) 1903 (x1) The 1903 at the beginning was more or less stable, it was better but install drivers and it remains the same but I can't not install the drivers because otherwise I can't play

I discovered something new :/ When I move the mouse, the CPU usage increases I am very stressed with my pc

Bro, if you can test the processor in another pc, then do it if it remains the same then the cpu is problem otherwise some software problem...

Every day my pc is worse :(
now I can't multitask

I have contacted technical service in my country and nobody knows anything How can I be the only ***** that happens to him xd

....my favorite suggestion is: get a lenovo pre-loaded with win 7 home. or, maybe just hunt down the kewl clone of XP; it was stable, usable, non-cpu-hogging, fixable, maintainable, AFAIK. just sayin'.

Back