Monitor is blinking out

Knifeman

My ASUS monitor was blinking out randomly with black screen. Have bought new larger ViewSonic monitor and problem is still there.
Pulled out the video card - checked the cooler (clean) and re-inserted the card - no difference. The problem is apparently known.
My video card is Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Turks [Radeon HD 7600 Series] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]).
The card has 2 GB memory. The new monitor is connected with HDMI cable that does not have any HD options.
This version is not recognized by Radeon - not on the menu so there is no firmware or software upgrade.
Plugged into ASUS MOBO M5A97 R20.
I realize it is "old" by standards, but I can't replace the whole works.
I would like to replace it with another Video card that will work with the MOBO, and has manufacturer support / drivers.
Thank you for any possibles in advance.

Yep that setup is over 10 years old so you don't want to spend a lot. I looked up your motherboard and the graphics slot is:

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue)

So pretty much anything will work in there. Are you trying to game with it? If you are not, then anything will work. If you are then you might want to consult the Techspot 1080p gaming card performance line up. That way you know what you are buying. I am partial to Nvidia cards myself.

Thank you Kshipper,
I am not gaming so have no need for supper performance, however would not mind similar performance (just without the winking out)
Will look up the 1080p gaming card as you suggest. Nvidia is a good brand.
Again thanks - be safe.

Oh ok then a GT710 or GT730 will do...pretty cheap ..just make sure your get one with a full length connector on it ( I had trouble with a PCie x1 length card) and make sure it has the output on it you want (I usually get one that has VGA, HDMI and DVi). =)

Eon 7600
Oh ok then a GT710 or GT730 will do...pretty cheap ..just make sure your get one with a full length connector on it ( I had trouble with a PCie x1 length card) and make sure it has the output on it you want (I usually get one that has VGA, HDMI and DVi). =)

Again Thank you Kshipper,
spent whole week looking - yes those are at least listed unlike Radeon 7600.
Had to put it on the back burner as I had accidentally (stupidly) crashed my Windows 10 OS beyond recovery, and just getting new installation working.
Installed X-Codec-Pack-2.7.3 and it disabled all exe files on the whole drive and even later on my boot flash drive. No Viruses or malware detected.
Thank you for your help, have learned a lot .
My best regards, take care and stay safe & healthy
knifeman

Back