Firefox logging issue

Thatsdisgusting

Don't know what's this thing is, but I cannot login properly when using Firefox. I see button LOGIN, after push I see message "You're already logged" but next I load any other site page I see LOGIN instead of my profile name again, and again. What's the catch?

No issues with Chrome on the same machine though (writing this post with Chrome btw). Reset Firefox - no result. P.S. Yes, this is only TechSpot's website problem

Yesterday I clicked on my GOOGLE CHROME shortcut to come in here, it said LOGIN so I clicked it & got this TechSpot Forums. You are already logged in, Please click here (a link) to return to forum list. I did so but could not post a question ANY where. I uninstalled & reinstalled Google Chrome & ALL was fine till this morning when it happened again. Why??

Oddly enough, it ONLY has happened on my Acer laptop. I've had to uninstall/reinstall Google Chrome daily to get in here

Our dev is looking into this issue. We haven’t been able to replicate properly but he’ll likely ask you questions and follow up here if needed.

As far as I can tell the entire staff works logged in and has no such issues. It could be cookies related, what OS/browser do you use and any relevant extensions or add-ons?

OS is W 11 Home, Google Chrome is my default browser, Ublock origin is my ad blocker. Its been that way for years, this situation just recently started. Acer laptop only.

So about a week ago after logging in I get logged out instantly if I try to go to any techspot page link after logging in; this happens on PC and android tablet using my ISP with both Firefox and Chrome. Does not occur on my cell phone using cell network. Any ideas how to fix this?

We've recently received similar reports from other two users, but haven't been able to replicate the problem. It could be cookies related, what OS/browser do you use and any relevant extensions or add-ons?

Have you tried clearing your cookies and logging in from scratch?

We've recently received similar reports from other two users, but haven't been able to replicate the problem. It could be cookies related, what OS/browser do you use and any relevant extensions or add-ons?

Have you tried clearing your cookies and logging in from scratch?
Windows 10 Pro 64bit using either chrome or firefox I have the same issue on desktop PC. My android tablet has same issue (Galaxy S6) when I tried with chrome; I can get to alerts after logging in on the tabletat least (and responding with it rn); but if I try to click any other part of the site it logs me out. I can acccess the forum on both devices. I can access techspot normally using my Note 10 phone using chrome; but I'm using straightalk to access vs my ISP.

Last edited:
W11 Pro here aswell, have only 3 addons for firefox - ublock, adblock for youtube+dislikes for youtube.
And now, btw, log in gone haywire - when I click here in "Please click here to return to the forum list.", it redirects me to someone's account, lol. Can't browse or use it, but still...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-01 191543.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-01 191543.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 10
We made some server adjustments over the weekend. We still can't replicate the issues. On multiple computers, operating systems and browsers (with default settings or nothing blocking cookies) we can log in, post, and keep the sessions open over several browsing sessions and days.

Let me know if it's got any better starting today (Monday).

Using Google Chrome, I get this now. The active user has changed. Reload the page for the latest version." Doing so does nothing.

To be clear, what's the issue you are experiencing right now. You are getting logged out for no reason? Or you are unable to login properly?

Please make sure there's no security extensions installed that interfere with cookies. At least for the purpose of this test.

What is a security exrension? To my knowledge, none.Using Google Chrome on my Acer laptop I click my bookmark & it shows LOGIN, I click it & it says You are already logged in, click here (link) to return to forum list. I do so & STILL am unable to reply or start a new post, it says You must login or register. Am very confused

That happens on that particular system only? What about others? Where are you posting from correctly?

Back