Kind of a silly question but here goes

I yanked my cases 2 stock front intakes and am mounting a 240 AIO push pull in the front as an intake. I mounted it high to put the gap at the bottom instead of a gap at the top and bottom. There is also 2 120mm intakes on the bottom with 1 half under the AIO so it can use that 3 inch gap under the AIO in the front to help airflow. Now here's the silly part. Apparently I can't count to 5... ? I have so many orders going at once on amazon that I merely counted the pics of fans and forgot that one of the orders was for 2 at once. Anyways, now I have an extra 140mm. Should I mount it over that gap in the bottom adding even more airflow since at the very least half of it will flow under the radiator? Making a quasi 1 quarter push push pull setup? Or can I go even further and throw one of the stock 140 back on with the new 140 and make a fuller push push pull? Will those 140 make the air so turbulent it would be a hindrance to the push pull, or would they actually help push more air through the radiator?

Too many variables to say without testing. What's the temp to start with? What rpm are you running the fans at? How impeded is the air flow?

You already have a push-pull setup with a fairly thick rad, and that should be highly noise-efficient at low rpms, but if you want to know the answer you're unfortunately going to have to test it and see which is best.

My intuition says that any gains from adding more fans on top of a push-pull setup will be marginal at best, but testing is the only way to know for sure. In theory it should improve performance slightly if all existing fans are kept at the same rpm - it's just a matter of whether it allows you to lower the rpm (and thus noise) while keeping the same performance.

Personally I would return the extra fan rather then using it for the sake of it.

Back