Computer Monitor suddenly turns slightly purple(ish)tint for some times

Bikash995

While I using my PC, Windows 10pro 64bit, without any issues. my new zebronics monitor suddenly purplish tint, comes and goes for some times. and also I already checked my all cables.

that's not any new problem for me, I previously suffered from this problem(Windows 7 32bit) and I was not unable to fix this. then I finally bought a new Zebronics monitor, B450 motherboard, AMD Athlon 200ge, and a Gskill 2666mhz 8gb ram.

After 2 weeks using this component problem is back and I don't know how to fix this so please help me to solving this. Thanks in advance.

I guess you have to find the part that is common between the 2 systems. Do I have that right? You had a windows 7 computer and now you have a new Windows 10 computer and they both did the purple thing?

When you say you "checked" your cable, I assume you mean you've tried more than one? Are you using integrated graphics? If it's an hdmi sync issue, you can try changing your pixel format from yCbCr to RBG in your display driver settings esp. if you have an older driver.

Last edited:
Yes!!,
I using integrated graphics, my Pixel format is already RGB (4:4:4). and all drivers are up to date. so please help me!!

Honestly, it sounds like a cabling issue or failing monitor, but you say you've changed both. If you can post a video of the effect it might help diagnosing it; does the purplish tint cover the entire screen? And does it fade in and out gradually or is the change sudden? Also, if possible, try to test the monitor against a different video source (Roku streamer, etc) and/or connect your computer to a tv or other monitor. This will let you eliminate one or the other as the source of the problem.

Firstly I tell that It becomes not only Purplish ( in starting) but also blue, green, red in entire screen and change is sudden.
and tell me that how I insert my video.

HDD or PSU does not make the screen purple....you are missing something for sure. I think the easy way is to visit a small computer shop and get them to look at it or bring in a friend that can hook your monitor to their computer. You have to eliminate the possibilities and it is not easy to find a problem like this without known good parts and lots of experience.

Zebronics monitors are essentially very cheaply manufactured 'no name' units, typically using low quality panels and power circuits. So it's either the monitor or the cable connecting it to the computer that's faulty - my guess would be the monitor.

Yaa!! I agree with you, but before this, I using Panasonic TV as a monitor with my old VGA cables, this Screen colour problem was started.so how we could say that monitor or cables are damaged because both are changed.
and please please help me!!

You have had the purplish tint on 2 different machines (One WIndows 7) and 2 different monitors (A Panasonic TV). Time for an eye exam or it's the environment you are in. Move the system to a different house? Eye exam if it's still there, don't you agree? Do others see the same problem? It's a mystery

Back