TechSpot is looking to hire writers that are driven and self-motivated when it comes to computing and technology in general. If you're familiar with what we do, then you know we require profound understanding of technical matters and the ability to write about it with accuracy and authority. Being a regular reader of TechSpot is not a requirement but certainly a big plus.
We have two freelance positions available: daily news reporter and feature writer position (for putting together longer form articles about hardware or software, depending on your strengths).
- The news reporter position requires you to be active, posting news stories on a daily basis.
- The feature writer will work exclusively on longer form articles, guides and/or explainers. For example, explaining what does the CPU cache do, or writing a walk-thru of common BIOS settings (hardware), testing the best password managers, or explaining how torrenting works (software/web), you name it.
A few other notes that apply to all openings:
- Relevant experience in technology journalism is important, but not a requirement.
- Geographic location is not a constraint but native English skills are an imperative.
- This is a work from home (Batcave, Fortress of Solitude, etc.) type of position.
- Topics we usually cover on TechSpot include: PC hardware and software, internet services and applications, mobile devices and gaming.
- Creativity and a knack for picking timely and interesting topics is very important.
- Compensation is commensurate with article length, quality and experience.
If the positions don't fit your bill, you can still help us by sharing this on social networks or directly with any friends or colleagues that may be a good fit.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested please fill out this form. We’ll follow up with the candidates best suited for the job. Thank you.