No video input when starting games

Recently whenever I boot up a game, my monitor goes dark, and I get the message “no video input”. Then after I while, my monitor goes into sleep mode. I can still hear audio playing, but the only thing that works is restarting my computer.

Earlier today I played red dead redemption without any problems. But this error happened for the first time while playing the witcher 3. After the first time it happened, I can't start any games. I can go to the menu, but once the game itself has finished loading the screen goes black.

My specs:
Prosessor: Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz
Ram: 16 GB
Graphics card: Ge Force GTX 1080 Ti (Driver Version 441.41)
PSU: Cossair AX860

I have tried:
-Running other games
I can play games that dont have 3D graphics, but if I try to go on something like Witcher 3, it goes black again.
-Reinstalling the driver
-Someone on another forum suggested uninstalling my 441.66 driver and installing the 441.41 driver, and then updating windows. This worked for a while, but now the problem came back.

I am not very good with computers, so I don't quite know what else to try, or where to start.

Sometimes this works: Run DDU (see DOWNLOADS above), download fresh copy of video driver and do a clean install.

Thanks, someone suggested this yesterday, alongside installing the 441.41 instead of the 441.66 I had installed. It worked for a while, but after some time the problem came back. Tried the same today, did not work, but after I installed the 441.66 driver again, ive been able to play again.
The problem now is that I do not know if this fix is permanent, or if im going to have this same problem in a couple of hours.

Worked for about 30 minutes, then the same problem came back mid game. Tried changing the cable to the monitor, did not work either

DDU should have totally cleared any old corrupt drivers and the fresh download and install of the nVidia driver should have given you a clean slate. Makes me wonder if this is a hardware issue. Possibly temperature. Look here [ https://www.techspot.com/search/?cx...cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=gpu+temperature&sa=Go ] and pick a utility to check GPU temps as you begin play and until failure (separate windows might work). Let us know what you learn.

It could be the refresh rate.
Have you tried to lower the refresh rate from the Nvidia Setting for the problematic games?

Ive been testing different things over the last couple of days. Untill recently I thought it was an issue with my graphics card. I got to play yesterday evening and a bit today after I switched graphics card.
After quite a long time of working the error came back. Now, my pc wont boot at all. I get as the windows loading screen (before it starts loading profile), and then I get the message "no video input detected".
Any ideas?

Quick update:
Sometimes the computer lets me access advanced boot options. Starting it in safe mode works.
From what I can tell now, it seems like its something I installed that is causimg this. How do I proceed?

If you can, make a backup or even two.

If you get POST and you can see the system settings, is everything properly recognized (VGA compatible in PCI slot, HDD, SSD, etc)?

If anything is 'missing' from system settings, try uninstalling it.

=> switched gpu and still a problem = likely not gpu, if DDU and redownloaded driver
=> safe mode works = if reliably so, then much less likely to be hardware

So possibilities as I see them are: [1] overheat shutdown [2] RAM issue [3] rogue accessory [4] voltage regulation errors in PSU or motherboard

Address [3] Remove any extra devices and accessories (camera, phones, external drives, etc)

Address [2]: In safe mode, run Memtest86 overnight (>7 times through) to see if any weak RAM. Just to be tidy, run sfc /scannow, too.

Address [1]: If you can't check temps with utility, then replace TIM on CPU and clean dust out of system and make sure all fans run consistently (a bad CPU fan might be issue).

Address [4]: Patch in a known good second PSU and consider removing everything from case and doing a 'benchtop build'. Make sure motherboard slots are clear of any debris (I had a wire clipping drive me nuts for almost a week).

Last gasp....Reset PC... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options#section2

Back