New build-No Monitor signal

Underdog

Just finished a new build and tearing my hair out trying to get it to boot for the first time. I have read dozens of threads about the same problem and none of the suggestions have worked for me. OK. I push the case button and the case and CPU fans turn. No POST beeps, and the monitor displays "No Signal" message. I have correctly set the monitor to the type of socket (ie. HDMI or DVI). The monitor works on another PC OK with both HDMI and DVI cables. So the monitor is a good 'un, and so are the cables. The little beep speaker inside the tower is OK because during extensive troubleshooting I removed both memory sticks and got the 1 long 2 short beeps. I have tried a single memory stick in all four sockets and also tried both sticks in every combination. I have tried booting with no drives connected and no extra boards plugged into the mobo. Still no beeps and nothing getting to the monitor. The mobo has onboard GPU so my monitor cable is plugged directly to the DVI socket at the edge of the mobo. All connections have been checked and triple checked. Motherboard, processor, HDD, and power supply are brand new. Any suggestions apart from trash the lot and start over?

Asus Prime H270-Pro
Intel Core I3 6100

QVL? Did you use the qualified CPU and memory for your motherboard and BIOS? I have had similar failures with BIOS previous to what my CPU needed and where RAM required different voltage.

If 'OK', then try removing everything and reseat CPU (check fingers - damage to these can be critical) with new TIM and get error beeps which you address one item at a time. You might want to remove from case and do this on a desktop as this helps check for a problem with standoffs.

Let us know how it goes.

I have checked compatibility of MB, CPU, and memory. All OK according to manufacturers websites. I will remove the CPU today and have a look but I don't expect anything is amiss. It dropped in easily and didn't need any random jiggling to seat it. I will probably remove the MB from the case to see if there are any issues underneath with standoffs, etc. "I'll be back".

Checked behind the MB, no problems. Checked under the CPU cooler and nothing to report. I've sent off an email to Asus help centre. What a total nightmare it was filling out the email form. (n) (N)

Back