I disabled my display adapter

I disabled my display adapter

So .. Suddenly off my computer.. Only show black screen.. Showing this message"there is no signal coming from your computer press any key on the keyboard or mouse to wake it up".. Please help ...

Need details
"disabled my display adapter" where and how?
"my computer" motherboard? cpu? video card? free slots? OS?
do you have another video card?
can you get to SAFE MODE?

I opened the device manager on my computer.After that the display adapter is selected.Then the display adapter is disabled.Then suddenly the screen was off..This message is now coming on the screen "there is no signal coming from your computer press any key on the keyboard or mouse to wake it up ",
How to fix it..Please help me.thanks

You might try a different video card.

I'm guessing that this would allow you to uninstall the original card and to then re-install that.

Last edited:
Is this a recent Intel CPU, & if it is, are you using a video card or the IGP in the CPU?

The video can be disabled in the BIOS also. But, the switch back and forth between video card & and the board or CPU IGP is generally set to "automatic".

If you yank the video card, the board will switch to the IGP, and vice verse.

All that's required is to plug the video cable into the opposite socket than it is in now.

You need to enter VGA mode. Since you can't see to do this you may be able to follow a sequence of key commands to initiate it. This is just a shot in the dark (pun intended) but its worth a try.

1. Start your computer up and wait long enough that you believe it has fully booted to the logon screen or the desktop.

2*. If you have a password, type it in and press Enter. (You may have to press enter BEFORE you type the password so that it brings up the password box). That should put you on the desktop. Keep an eye on your computers LED light to see if its blinking after you enter commands. This should indicate the computer is acting on your inputs.

3. If you believe you are on the Desktop, follow these key commands exactly
Win+X > U > Shift+R
Now wait a few seconds while it enters the advanced startup menu.
Now you will use the DOWN arrow key on the keyboard in this sequence
>> Enter
⬇> Enter
⬇> Enter

If successful your computer should restart and bring you to a menu where you can choose a startup mode

4. Choose 3) Enable Low-Resolution Video
5. Go to Device Manager and Uninstall your Video Adapter
6. Restart

Back