I can't get past the boot options or into the BIOS

So recently a friend gave me a computer that he said was functional last time he checked, and I decided to try and work on it. When I connected it to power and tried to boot it, it got to the menu that you select options from (f9 for system info, del for bios setup,f12 for boot menu, end for q-flash) and doesn't get any further. I have a keyboard attached to it and it registers it, so I know it is not the usb port. However, when I press delete or f9 or f12, nothing happens except a little click noise from the tower. When I hold down the button, it clicks in rapid succession, but no results. At first I suspected the hard drive had no operating system on it, so I swapped the seagate barracuda 500 gig drive for a seagate barracuda 1 tb drive. The same issue happened. The motherboard is a gigabyte ultra durable series. I have also made a windows 10 installation dvd with the iso file for win10 on it, and it spins up but doesn't do anything. If anyone has any ideas, I would really like to hear it.

EDIT: I have a Gigabyte GA Z77 D3H ultra durable motherboard. When I turn it on, it beeps as it posts, then after about 10 seconds it beeps once again, then once again after another 10 seconds. After another 10 seconds it beeps and goes to sleep. Help?

Back