Asus ROG Ryujin, having the screen repaired

Avian117

Okay, so this specific cooler, for anyone that doesn’t know, comes with a built in OLED screen. This screen, when used with live dash, can be used to display images, gifs, and monitoring read outs. I’ve mainly been using this function to keep tabs on my CPU’s temperature but after swapping the image to something different, there’s now a burned in image of the temperature readout. I’ve called ASUS regarding this since my cooler is still technically under warranty. While they cannot outright replace this unit they did offer to repair it. I’m unsure if the screen itself is integrated at all in the loop itself but I have a feeling it’s not. Should I go ahead and get this repaired, or should I go through amazon (the place I bought it from) and have the entire unit replaced?

My opinion is better you go through amazon (the place I bought it from) and have the entire unit replaced.
Navin Talati /01-10-2019

So Yeah, tried going through amazon and they did not help with this issue at all. So I’m going to see if ASUS will be willing to replace the unit. Thinking on it, I just don’t feel comfortable about a patch job on a part that’s supposed to keep my cpu from frying itself.

My opinion is better you go through amazon (the place I bought it from) and have the entire unit replaced.
Navin Talati /01-10-2019
I'm not sure why you came to the conclusion that Amazon would take a return and replace after their stated return policy of something on the order of 30 days.

I'm guessing it took longer than a month for the screen burn in to manifest itself, therefore Amazon has no responsibility or obligation to address or make good on any problem, which might develop.

Back