Acer all in one monitor for black for seconds

Before you post the model number for this older All-in-One, do check the manual to see if the symbol means anything (I think it might mean ' do a set up' and this is due to the 'feed me a new coin battery, please' issue).

It came with no manual, thus 2nd hand. I will try to find the manual to see if it helps. Yes, its about 5 years old, I think. Thank you.

I just went thru the entire manual & nothing close to it shows. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to access the insides to replace cmos battery & taking it to a shop is out of the question :( No $$$

Found on page 5 of User manual:
Opening the computer Before removing any panels or covers, please make sure to shut off the computer and unplug the power cord from the outlet. • Remove the screws on the chassis. • Slide the panel off. Setting up new components You can only use components compatible with AcerSystem computers. Before you choose new components, please ask your authorized Acer dealer whether the part will operate within your AcerSystem system. In order to ensure proper setup and installation, please refer to the instructions provided with your new components. Probable upgrades are: • Upgrade to high-capacity HDD • Expand high-level memory • Upgrade from a CD-ROM drive to CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD/CDRW combo or DVD writer (selected models only) • Install additional interface cards in empty PCI slots, e.g., PCI fax/ modem card (selected models only)

Later on I learned there is a Recovery CD which should have been with the machine. Does it have a CD player and / or a USB port? It supposedly has these on some units.

When I search using "Acer Aspire Z3-600" I mostly get how to repair my BMW.

There is a video which shows someone's approach to disassembly. I would put a towel under it to protect monitor and I would use a plastic spudger (and never use a flat-blade on soft plastic chassis).

Sadly, I could not find a system manual. I wonder what you might get for answers on the Acer forums or a direct appeal to Acer support.

Does F2 get you to BIOS on startup?

Ok, looking at the back side of this ALL IN ONE, there are NO screws or connectors of any type, not on any side(s) either. It has USB but no CD/DVD slot :(.
F2 does nothing. I'll check acer forums & possible acer too. Thanks

Ok, looking at the back side of this ALL IN ONE, there are NO screws or connectors of any type, not on any side(s) either. It has USB but no CD/DVD slot :(.
F2 does nothing. I'll check acer forums & possible acer too. Thanks
Can you boot something like Linux from the USB?

Ok, since it ONLY happens when I stream https://www.cbsnews.com/live/
& not my local news https://www.kiro7.com/live-stream
I can stream cbsnews on another desktop with no problems.
As for removing the backside of it, there are 4 screws on the bottom & rubber "thingies" holding it in place so unless the problem starts on other websites, I think I'll hold off on it, thanks for your help & input. Will bookmark this thread for future reference :)

I will add, I've searched all over for the CORRECT way to replace cmos battery, but nothing exact so I don't wish to mess with it if its not correct.

CMOS battery...ah, yes. Seems to run itself down faster if it is tucked away in a closet. I think it just uses itself up trying to remember all its happy memories of which port to boot from and where it is keeping its storage.. hope it is just a run down battery - sometimes it is not - to which you can try load default and save and adjust and save again....but if CMOS is blitzed (not just rundown battery) then it is unlikely it can be fixed (or worth the money to try).

I will try to locate the "proper" way to remove cmos battery, not one for a "similiar" model, thank you.

As I recall, it is not too hard to remove - most just have a small metal pressure finger or two. Pushing the battery around with slight pressure causes it to pop out. Installation is basically the reverse, but I was told to wipe battery clean before installing. Remember which way it was when you took it out as keeping the new one that way is much, much easier.

Back